Both Sunrisers Hyderabad and Kolkata Knight Riders will be desperate to get back to winning ways when they take each other on in their ninth match of the season on Sunday. While SRH are placed at the fifth spot in the table with six points, KKR are placed fourth with eight points to their name. However, a win in this match could help SRH in displacing KKR from the fourth spot on account of a better net run-rate.
As far as recent form is considered, both teams are coming into this match on the back of consecutive losses. While KKR have been in woeful batting form despite having a strong batting lineup, SRH are struggling to score due to a shallow middle-order. The last time these two teams met in this season, KKR emerged victorious by seven wickets and that’s why SRH will have revenge on their mind when they take the field on Sunday.
Sunil Narine is expected to sit out of this encounter once again. Chris Green is expected to retain his place in the KKR XI. As far as SRH are concerned, they might think about replacing Priyam Garg with either of Abhishek Sharma or Virat Singh. Garg has been short of runs after his match-winning fifty earlier in the tournament.
Probable Playing XI
David Warner (C), Jonny Bairstow (wk), Manish Pandey, Kane Williamson, Vijay Shankar, Priyam Garg/Abhishek Sharma/Virat Singh, Rashid Khan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Khaleel Ahmed, Sandeep Sharma, T Natarajan
Kolkata Knight Riders
Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana, Eoin Morgan (C), Dinesh Karthik (wk), Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Lockie Ferguson/Chris Green, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakravarthy, Prasidh Krishna
- Shubman Gill had scored 70* in the reverse fixture against SRH whereas Eoin Morgan had also contributed with an unbeaten 42. The KKR skipper is coming into this match on the back of a good knock in the previous match as well. Both of these batsmen are good picks for this match.
- David Warner and Jonny Bairstow are the leading run-scorers for SRH this season. They have high batting potential and hence, are absolute must-haves in your Team.
- Pat Cummins and Rashid Khan are the premium bowling options. They might come at a high price-tag but they have the ability to contribute with the bat as well. Moreover, Cummins scored a fifty in the previous match.
- Andre Russell hasn’t been in the best of forms but he is someone who can’t be ignored. Picking him in your Team is a must.
- If you are looking for differential options, you can go for players like Rahul Tripathi, Varun Chakravarthy, and Vijay Shankar.
Breaking News Direct to your Inbox!
Must See IPL News
/ 1 week ago
For any admirer of the game of Cricket, October 18 was a Super Duper...
/ 2 weeks ago
With four victories out of seven matches, the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) are at...
/ 2 weeks ago
Delhi Capitals continued their fine run in IPL 2020 thus far as they registered...