Royal Challengers Bangalore come off the back of a couple of losses but have the team strength this time to topple most teams. They have a perfectly balanced squad, some formidable batsmen and a terrific line-up capable of holding its own in all conditions.
Rajasthan Royals, meanwhile, are grappling with their best XI for this game. They have had Ben Stokes opening with Jos Buttler in the last couple of matches but there is a distinct shortage of middle-order firepower despite Rahul Tewatia’s heroics.
As these teams meet for the second time this season, the onus is on RCB to win and maintain their position inside the top three of the points table.
Rajasthan Royals will be banking on their overseas stars yet again to fire them to a win, but against a solid unit like RCB, it won’t be an easy ask.
Team news and predicted XI
RCB are likely to stick to the same line-up as the last game. They might ponder opening with Virat Kohli and bringing Aaron Finch in the middle-order or replacing him with Moeen Ali. The second option seems enticing for the venue for this game as Moeen adds a bowling option. If they do want to sharpen their bowling, RCB might also ponder sitting Siraj out and playing Umesh Yadav.
RR, on the other hand, have a strong team but need some reshuffling. They might have Ben Stokes back in the middle-order to tackle Yuzvendra Chahal and Sanju Samson opening with Jos Buttler.
Royal Challengers Bangalore
Devdutt Padikkal, Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli (c), AB de Villiers(wk), Shivam Dube, Washington Sunder, Navdeep Saini, , Isuru Udana, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, Chri Morris
Jos Buttler (wk), Steven Smith (c), Sanju Samson, Robin Uthappa, Rahul Tewatiya, Shreyas Gopal, Riyan Parag, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Karthik Tyagi, Jayadev Unadkat
- Dubai has beocme slower and lower so banking on spinners is a good option. Chahal and Gopal, who has a good record vs RCB batsmen are must picks despite Gopal’s dwindling form.
- Chahal is also a good captaincy pick because of his wicket-taking qualities.
- Jofra Archer has bowled more than a hundred dot balls this season, the most by any bowler, and has also picked up wickets.
- AB de Villiers wasn’t picking the leggies at all and is a risky pick especially given his record vs Gopal, but you could still bank on him as RCB gave a hint that they might use him in the death overs more.
- Steven Smith hasn’t found runs and is a risky pick against a quality line-up.
AB de Villiers
Breaking News Direct to your Inbox!
Must See IPL News
/ 1 week ago
For any admirer of the game of Cricket, October 18 was a Super Duper...
/ 2 weeks ago
With four victories out of seven matches, the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) are at...
/ 2 weeks ago
Delhi Capitals continued their fine run in IPL 2020 thus far as they registered...