Australia completed a Test win against Pakistan spurred by Josh Hazlewood’s four-wicket haul in the second innings and an assured batting display earlier in the Test from David Warner, Joe Burns and eventual Player of the Match, Marnus Labuschagne.
Following is a list of stats from the Test win:
- Australia have been unbeaten at the Gabba in 31 Tests with the last loss coming over three decades ago against West Indies in 1988. In fact, they haven’t even conceded a draw at Brisbane in the last six years with the last drawn Test at the venue coming in 2012 against South Africa.
- Babar Azam became Pakistan’s third centurion at the Gabba after Saeed Anwar and Asad Shafiq. Shafiq, like Babar, had scored a century in the second innings the last time Pakistan played at Brisbane in Australia.
- Babar Azam’s hundred gives him an average of 36.21 with two hundreds in 22 Test matches.
- Mohammad Rizwan’s 95 is the highest score by a Pakistan wicket-keeper in Australia in Tests surpassing Sarfaraz Ahmed’s 72 in Sydney in 2017.
- Australia’s pace bowlers took 18 of the 20 wickets in the Test match, the most at The Gabba since 2009.